Steve is a partner with Capron & Avgerinos with emphasis on such areas of personal injury law as automobile and construction accidents, premises liability, and insurance litigation, together with workers’ compensation.
Steve is also focused on our clients seeking to defend their rights in Defense Base Act claims. His understanding of this complex process has served our clients well in receiving fair and just compensation for their injuries.
Steve approaches each client as an individual with unique concerns, and he is committed to helping him or her understand the complexities of the legal system. He engages in a step-by-step dialogue, first laying out options and taking into consideration the client’s input on how to proceed with the case. His goal: to provide the best possible outcome under the law.
- University of Iowa (1981)
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago (1984)
Juris Doctor, with Distinction
Organizations & Memberships
- Federal Trial Bar, U.S.D.C. Northern District of Illinois
- Arbitrator-Circuit Court of Cook County, mandatory arbitration program
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
Verdicts and Settlements
- O’Donnell v. Marriott – $1,750,000.00 Legionnaires settlement
- B. Starck v. Triple Canopy – $1,100,000.00 DBA settlement
- S. Piro v. Global – $635,000.00 DBA Settlement
- J. Finn v. Dyncorp – $390,000.00 DBA Settlement
- P. V. v. Lockheed Martin – $315,000.00 DBA Settlement
- Faulhaber v. Fessler – $725,000.00 Iowa PI settlement
- L. Hunter v. Mr. Bult’s – $750,000.00 Illinois PI settlement
- Baskerville v. Freeman – $175,000.00 Illinois jury verdict.
- Miller v. Welch – $246,000.00 Illinois jury verdict
- Jones v. Ted’s Shoes – $475,000.00 Illinois jury verdict.
- Pintoran v. Sodexo – $400,000.00 Illinois WC settlement
Successful Published Appellate Court Decisions
- IWCC v. Anderson 2015 IL App (2d) 141153WC Disputed benefits secured for grade school teacher
- Schroeder v. Swift Transportation 2017 IL App (4th) 160192WC Disputed benefits secured for truck driver
- Matuszczak v. Walmart 2014 IL APP (2d) 120532WC Disputed benefits secured for grocery store clerk.
- Oblak v. Elmhurst Memorial Hospital 323 Ill App3d 758 (2d Dist. 2001) Disputed benefits secured for administrative assistant.